This newest addition to the M&P Pistol Series features Tritium Night Sights, along with no thumb safety.
A slim, concealable and lightweight design combined with the proven and trusted features found in the M&P Pistol Series. From the easily concealed one-inch profile to its optimized 18-degree grip angle, the M&P Shield offers professional-grade features that will provide you with simple operation and reliable performance.
The M&P Shield also features a quick and audible reset made possible by the striker-fired action, allowing multiple rounds to be placed on target both consistently and accurately. And it’s all backed by Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy.
- Incorporates the design features of the M&P line of firearms.
- Extremely thin and lightweight – can be comfortably carried all day.
- M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems allow for disassembly without pulling the trigger.
- Includes Night Sights for easy acquisition in low-light situations.
- Includes 3 magazines: two with extended capacity for full grip.
- 18 degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Striker-fired for short consistent trigger pull, every time.
- Backed by Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy.
- Model: M&P40 Shield™ with Night Sights
- Frame Size: Compact
- Caliber: .40 S&W
- Action: Striker Fire
- Capacity: 6 and 7 Round Magazines
- Barrel Length: 3.1” (7.9 cm)
- Front Sight: Tritium Night Sights
- Rear Sight: Tritium Night Sights
- Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs /-
- Overall Length: 6.1” (15.5 cm)
- Frame Width: .95” (2.4 cm)
- Overall Height: 4.6” (11.7 cm)
- Grip: Polymer
- Weight: 19.0 oz. (523.7 g)
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Slide Material: Stainless Steel
- Frame Material: Polymer
- Finish: Black/Durable Corrosion Resistant